Summit 2016 in Chicago is underway, and there are plenty of news and announcements coming out of the Windy City. One such announcement is that Sage X3 product update 10 is rolling out for cloud customers (on premise customers are unaffected by this release). The update incorporates functional improvements to the finance, distribution, and manufacturing modules, and closes some functional gaps. It also delivers a better user experience with improvements to the mobile and browser interface.
What’s specifically included in the update and how will it benefit your organization? Here’s a quick look.
– Compliance updates for France, Germany and Switzerland
– Financial management improvements, including; budgets now up to 9 dimensions, automatic journals, reminders, payments and discounts, and the integration of Sage Intelligence Reporting
– Distribution improvements, including: logistics workflow improvements (shipments and carriers), traceability on subcontract orders, multiple counts on product inventory, and a customer service calendar widget
– Manufacturing improvements including: versioning in routings and shop floor tracking improvements
– Mobility user interface is now leveraging native Windows 10 features (notifications, live tiles, sharing, Cortana integration, support for pencil, barcode scan, image resizing, geo-location in objects, camera), management of drafts (creation, offline edits and sync), auto-fill templates, drill-down/up on queries, memos, data aging tracking, and data representation improvements
– Web client receives a new login screen, navigation improvements, lists, MS Office 2016 integration, and a new calendar component
– Platform improvements, including: support for multiple application servers (no single point of failure), easy updates, derivate languages, API management, batch controller, Cloud provisioning improvements, and RDS support for MS SQL 2014
What’s the value to your organization?
– Improved productivity in the Cloud
– Extended functionality and improved user workflow
– Expanded usability of the solution in the Cloud
In August, Cloud customers will start benefiting from the updated functionality. The next cloud and on-premises version of Sage X3 is slated for February 2017.